Welcome to the BuyDataMotion.com support page.
DataMotion support is initiated through this page. You can initiate support requests and get your support questions answered. To ensure that the DataMotion technical support team responds to your technical questions and/or bug reports regarding our products, please choose from the options below.
- First, check out the DataMotion Support Wiki. Here you will find ‘how to’s’, installation guides, FAQs, and more.
- If your question was not answered on the Support Wiki, and you are not a registered user of our support issue tracking system, please initiate a Support Ticket Request
- If you are a registered user of our support issue tracking system please log in to the Customer Support Portal to initiate a support ticket (request). If you would like to register for our issue tracking system, you will also be able to do so on the link above.
You can also contact DataMotion technical support by calling or emailing us.
- Call 425-893-9800 ext. 2.
- If you would like contact Support via email please send all inquiries to email@example.com.
Our standard support hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm Eastern time with the exception of US Federal Holidays. Any support request placed after hours will be answered on the next available business day.
For any questions about purchasing, upgrades, order status, or other general matters, please contact Sales.
Frequently Asked Questions
When I click on the new message link it does not work.
There could be several reasons as to why you are unable to open the link:
1. The website is blocked by your company’s firewall or web filtering software. Please check with your IT department or your firewall settings to havehttps://ssl.datamotion.com added to the list of allowed domains.
2. The link could be displayed in 2 lines. In such a case, please copy and paste the whole link into your browser. If that does not work, please go to the DataMotion website and click on ‘My Account’ in the far upper right corner. Type in your e-mail address and password to access your SecureMail account.
How do I get the Send Secure Outlook Button?
Regarding the downloading and installation of the SendSecure button for Outlook, the access, download and implementation of the button are fairly simple. Please use the steps below or follow more detailed steps located at Download/Install the Button:
Log into the DataMotion Web Portal with your e-mail address (the one associated with your DataMotion account) and your password
At the next screen within the Member Center, there will be a section called ‘Download Console’. Under this heading, there will be a hyperlink for ‘Client Downloads’. Click this link.
The next screen will present an option for you to download either a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Microsoft Outlook plugin. Depending on your version of Outlook (2003 and 2007 are 32bit, while 2010 comes in either 32-bit or 64 bit). From the drop down menu, choose the one that supports your version (bit) of Outlook and download it to your Desktop.
Please make sure Outlook is closed down before proceeding. If you are just closing Outlook now, please wait a moment for the program to close completely.
Once the download is completed double-click on the downloaded executable file to install the SendSecure button. Once the installation has been completed, please start up Microsoft Outlook and attempt to compose a new e-mail message. You will notice that there is a new ‘Send Secure DataMotion’ button available. When wanting to send secure e-mails, please compose your message and use this button to send.
Outlook Plug-in is Missing
This article discusses enabling/disabling Outlook add-in's that may be useful during your troubleshooting steps: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms268871
To check if the Add-In is disabled, please check:
- For Outlook 2003/2007, click on the Tools file menu and go to Trust Center. Then click Add-Ins. You will notice a part that says COM Add-Ins with a button next to it. Click that button to bring up a window that shows you the add ins and anything that is enabled will have a check box next to it. If the DataMotion plug-in does not have a check, please put a check in the box and click OK.
- For Outlook 2010/2013, click on File, then click Options. This will open an options window, and on the left hand side you will see Add-Ins. Please click Add-Ins and then in the bottom of that screen, you will see Manage: with a drop down box. Make sure it is set to COM Add-ins and click the Go button. At this point, it will look the same as above.
When I try and register, I am told the account already exists.
Whenever a recipient is sent a secure message, they are automatically registered in our system as a “Recipient User” account. The error you are receiving indicates that your e-mail address was already registered with us because someone may have sent you a secure message in the past.
To access the Member Center, please go to the DataMotion Web Portal. Your user ID is your registered e-mail address. If you are unsure of what your password is, please click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link to have the password reset.
The link to select a new password will be e-mailed to your registered e-mail address. If you do not see the link in your Inbox, please check your ‘Junk Mail’ folder or make sure our domain name and firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address are not blocked by your firewall or your company’s IT department.
When I try to reset my password, I am not receiving the e-mail with instructions.
If you have forgotten your password and are attempting to reset it by clicking the Forgot Password Link, you will receive an e-mail with instructions for resetting it. It is not uncommon for these e-mails to sometimes get caught up in either local or organization wide Spam or Junk mail filters. Please check these filters to make sure that the e-mail has not been caught in there. If you have verified that the e-mail does not exist anywhere, please place a ticket with Support, providing your full registered e-mail address and the company that you are with and a technician will manually set a temporary password for you.
How do I create a signature for my messages?
To make your signature permanent, simply log into your account and click on Member Center at the top of the page.
Click on the Preferences link. Create your signature and click ‘Save’ when you are done.
When you create new messages, simply click on ‘Add Signature’ link to insert your signature.
Cannot open winmail.dat attachment on a secure message.
If a message is sent to you and it contains an attachment called winmail.dat, this typically means that the sender of the message does not have their Outlook configured properly. They will need to make the proper changes to their Outlook settings and then must resend the message.
How Do I Change My E-mail Address?
- Log into DataMotion portal at https://ssl.datamotion.com with your old e-mail address
- Go to the Member Center
- Click on User Information under the My Account section.
- Change the email address to your new one and click on Save.
- A link to verify the change will be sent to your new e-mail address
How many messages can I send with my SecureMail account?
The default setting for standard users is a maximum of 500 sent messages per day. This can be changed by contacting your sales representative. If you have not sent the maximum of 500 messages, check the amount of storage space you have free. The number of messages that can be sent or received is based on the amount of storage space available. If you do not have enough room for messages, delete some message to make room.